Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How I love the little ones

When I started out in photography as a kid it was just me, a disposable camera and lots of snapshots of friends. Then later at the newspaper I got hooked on photojournalism and that style of photography. I loved capturing those moments of raw emotion and being in the right place at the right time, seeing glimpses of a moment and capturing it to represent an entire ideal.

Lately I have shifted my focus a bit and have been able to capture Gods most precious gifts. I have been able to hold in my hands the newest members of mankind. They are so sweet. Keep in mind, the sweetness is a facade many times. I have been peed on, pooped on, spit up on, scratched, sucked and kicked... all by babies younger than 3 weeks old, but you would never know by the photos.

With spring here, there seems to be a new batch of babies to photograph, and I have been so blessed to be chosen to photograph many of these little miracles.

On top of that it is also PCS season and several of my favorite, long-time clients are leaving and came to me one last time to take photos of their children and families.

So, here are some of my most recent shoots. Thank you to all the mommies who have let me cuddle your babies and who have stood back even though I know you often thought "What is that woman doing with my baby?"

Also to the Bessmers, Bigelows and the Camejos - I am going to miss you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment